Infection Prevention and Control Training
Learn how different infectious diseases, how they spread, and how to use infection control techniques to minimise the risk of infection.
Increase Awareness - Reduce Infection
Infectious diseases are a regular cause of illness and disease.
An estimated 1 in 10 people develop infections within healthcare settings. The cost implications of this are huge in terms of time and money to treat the infections and patient wellbeing.
Having a good awareness of the sources of infection and how they spread helps to keep us healthy and reduces the chance of the further spread of any disease.
Infection Prevention and Control
Duration: 3 hours
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for staff working in an environment where controlling infection is crucial, such as:
- Care Homes
- Medical Practices
Please note that it is not suitable for those requiring training on medical sterilisation (e.g. of dental equipment etc).
What does it include?
- The cause and spread of infection and the chain of infection
- The differences between pathogenic micro organisms and parasitic organisms and the diseases they may cause, including
- bacteria, e.g. MRSA, TB, Clostridium difficile, E- Coli 0157
- viruses,- e.g. HIV, Hepatitis, Norovirus
- fungi, -e.g. athletes foot, thrush
- parasites,- e.g. scabies and lice
- Preventing and controlling the spread of infection using standard precautions including hand decontamination, the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and the safe use of sharps
- Effective hand hygiene procedures
- The correct management of spills
- To understand how to manage waste correctly, including sharps, domestic waste, clinical hazardous waste and biological spills.
- Decontamination techniques for low risk, medium and high risks items.
- The legislation, regulations and guidance that govern infection prevention and control
- To understand roles and responsibilities and boundaries in preventing infection within an organisation with regard to:
- reporting of infectious outbreaks
- seeking advice and guidance
- transfers and discharges
- following the death of an individual
- handling, collection and storage of specimens
- ensuring visitors comply with hand hygiene.
How long is it?
This course runs for approximately 3 hours.
How is it delivered?
Full Face-to-face - on your premises:
In this mode, it's delivered in a single 3-hour block, at a time to suit you. It is primarily available on your premises in the East Anglia, Greater London and Midlands areas. However if you have a specific requirement, do get in touch, and we'll let you know if we can travel out to you, and will provide you with a quote including all training, course materials, certificates and expenses.
To request a call-back or ask for a quote for our Infection Prevention and Control course, click to enquire now:
Why Book With Us?
We are specialists in first aid training and related healthcare courses. We don't do anything else. Our trainers are experts who've been training organisations like yours for years. Most have front-line experience using their skills in Medical, Emergency Services or Military environments.
We're specialists - first aid & related training is all we do. So you get the very best learning experience
We're highly experienced in training organisations and candidates across a wide range of sectors
Our courses can be as much as 30 - 50% better value than our household-name competitors. Ask for a quote!
Here's What Some Of Our Customers Have To Say
Informative & Factual
Informative & Factual. Excellent instructor
Most Interesting / Informative
This is the most interesting / informative Resus course I have attended! Really enjoyed it, thank you
Excellent recap, well delivered
Good Theory and Practical Skills
An excellent update and refresher. Good theory and practical skills
Always Enjoy this Class
Always enjoy this class. Easy to understand teaching
Easy to Understand
Very informative & easy to understand